Kolkata2Kutch Roadtrip: My First Sighting of the WDG-4D Diesel Locomotive

This was a railway crossing I enjoyed, as I saw the navy blue and bright yellow locomotive coming around the curve. It was an awesome sight as the loco blew its loud pressure horn. Then what happened was truly amazing as I though the echo was carrying behind me, but as I turned around coming towards the crossing from the other side was another train, and it was approaching really fast.

My predicament at the time was which one to click, so I concentrated on this one as it was the first time I was seeing a WDG-4D Diesel Locomotive.

This was on the way from Devpur to Gondal, probably a somewhere near Rajkot.
Loco No.: 70721 | Loco Class: WDG-4D | Sub Class: | Shed Name(code): Patratu (PTRU) | Manufacturer Serial Number: | Manufactured Date: | Manufacturer: Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) | Loco Name: | Status: In Service | Old Loco Class: | Livery: WDG-4D navy blue with yellow cab & band | Comments: IGBT & 4500hp. Air brake only. Twin, fully computerised cabs with widened profile and AC facility; Cab-2 is wider than Cab-1 & loco frame


Comments