Kolkata2Kutch Roadtrip: Talala Junction and my first Metre Gauge Spotting

I had been seeing the Meter Gauge Railway Tracks all around these parts of Gujarat around Junagadh and south of it. So imagine my surprise when I actually heard Train Horns from my Hotel Room in Gir and when I inquired about the trains, was told that the meter gauge line was still in operation.

So I drove down to the Talala Junction (Railway Station) and as I approached I feel in love with the old world charm of the station building. On walking in and around the station, I just fell more in love.

I managed click quite a few pics and a video of the signalling in operation in preparation for the incoming train. But then as i prepared to take a video of the train as I heard the horn and it was about to appear from behind the curve, one of the Railway station staff intervened and stopped me from indulging in any of it. Same old Indian Bureaucratic humbug.

I walked down to the end of the platform and managed to click some pics of the Train and Locomotive. This was the first time I was seeing a Meter Gauge Locomotive.  




Watch the Video of the Signalling


Loco No.: 6306 | Loco Class: YDM-4 | Sub Class: | Shed Name(code): Sabarmati (SBI) | Manufacturer Serial Number: | Manufactured Date: | Manufacturer: Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) | Loco Name: | Status: In Service | Old Loco Class: | Livery: SBI lilac with yellow band | Comments: Outbased at JLR [December 2017] | Spotted at: Talala Junction


Comments

  1. This was so wonderful to see.Being a Rly officers daughter we have ridden in these coaches and gauges.everythng looks small and compact !Gone in the Saloons too ! So it was such a walk down memory lane .Thank you Sounu!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment